A couple of years ago, we joined the International Academy of Wedding Photographers and it’s been one of the best decisions we have ever made for our business. More than just the education, the community we have been part of has been amazing! The community is filled with incredible photographers and entrepreneurs … including the one and only Cinnamon Wolfe.
Earlier this year, Cinnamon invited Randy + me to join her and Paul on their newest business venture: the Focus(ed) Podcast, which you can listen to on iTunes by going HERE!!!
We had SO MUCH FUN chatting about getting published, and giving away some of our biggest tips on how to find success through the process!
Some of the topics we cover is:
- How getting published has elevated our business to a national brand
- How we find the best places to submit
- How we use Two Bright Lights
- How to create submissions that catch editor’s attention (keep scrolling down for a freebie!)
- How we deal with rejection
- And so, so much more!!
WANT A FREEBIE!?
One of the EASIEST ways to get published is getting more info from your couples … we have four questionnaires that we send to all of our wedding couples … and we’re giving it to our newsletter subscribers! For FREE!
We use the answers given to us in our questionnaires to:
- Get to know our couples
- Give vendor credit where credit is due
- Provide a backstory to submissions, our blog and social media shares
- Help us figure out the best place for submissions based on details
- Prepare for the wedding day
- Provide an AMAZING, intimate experience for all of our couples
HOW ABOUT A GIVEAWAY!?
And … at 10am MT we are partnering with Two Bright Lights + Cinnamon Wolfe to give away not one, not two, but THREE amazing prizes over on Instagram!
- 3 Months FREE to Two Bright Lights
- 1 Hour Mentoring Session with Cinnamon
- 1 Hour Mentoring Session with Ashley
Be sure to go check out the giveaway and all the details today on Instagram!
We also want to give a HUGE shout out to our friends at Two Bright Lights (hey Tessa! hey Meghan!) … they’ve really made the submission process so easy, and have helped us connect to a majority of the publications we’ve gotten. It’s easily the best $15 a month you’ll ever spend!